To break the baking fast, it had to be for something pretty special. I'd seen this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter cake on The Golden Hop's blog earlier in the summer and periodically opened it to dribble over their gorgeous pictures. They had described it as 'totally rich and sickly for the sweet tooth extremists out there'. Perfect! In for a penny, in for a pound as they say.
It's a chocolate biscuity base, with a layer of peanut butter and a chocolate brownie/cake mixture on top. I can highly recommend it. It's delicious on it's own, but is absolutely amazing with a large scoop of salted caramel ice cream!Please excuse the poor photo - the cake didn't stay in one piece long enough to take any decent ones.
I highly recommend that you check out The Golden Hop, not least for their far superior photos!
Have a good bank holiday weekend :)
That's all very well K, but where was my bit??? I mean c'mon you can't rely on m'colleague for cake testing!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe next time :) You'll have to be quick though - it didn't last long!
ReplyDelete