Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Meal Planning Monday (Wed 19th Mar)

Last week's meals went relatively according to plan.  Jamie's Empire Roast Chicken was fabulous, and turned out to be really good value.  We had some of the leftovers cold with salad on Monday, and managed to stretch it to a stir fry last night, and a mid-week lunch for me as well - seven meals for the price of one! (Well, sort of.)

This week has been an awkward one to plan - Matt has days off either side of the weekend, so it feels as though that definitely deserves something nicer than normal 'mid-week' food.  On the other hand, it would be nice for me to have a break from routine too, although hopefully I'll have a willing helper!  Matt and I are getting to the stage that we cook quite well together (most of the time......) which is a real pleasure.  As things stand, he's probably the better pasta maker (although don't tell him I said that).  We're going to attempt homemade ravioli for the first time, as well as the tiramisu recipe from our Tuscan cooking weekend.  If it tastes half as good as it did in Italy, I will be delighted.

The other complication this week is that the puppy (still nameless) arrives on Saturday!  I'm sure he'll be a fabulous distraction, as well as a lot of hard work, so neither of us may feel like cooking at all. 

Who knows quite what will happen, but this is the plan:

Thurs - tomato and meatballs with spaghetti for Matt, and shredded cabbage for me.  I'm still trialling reduced carbs in the evenings.  This will be a real test for me as I loooove pasta, and am not sure cabbage will be much of a substitute - we'll see!

Fri - Thai beef curry from the Masterchef Kitchen Bible (a really brilliant book)

Sat - HOMEMADE spinach and ricotta ravioli, tiramisu

Sun - Belly pork with new potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and French beans

Mon - Sausages with potato and celeriac mash

Tues - Fish pie (from the freezer - "here's one I made earlier")

Wed - Aubergine and tomato bake, and whatever veg is left in the fridge!

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's fabulous blog.

Hope you have a good week - I'll let you know how ours turns out!


Meal Planning Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment