My energy levels are pretty low in the early evenings at the moment, and I'm not feeling much like spending ages cooking so I've mostly planned meals than aren't too involved. I'm still trying to eat less carbs, or at least low GI ones like beans, lentils, couscous etc where I can. It takes some imagination though to come up with meals that are enough for Matt too, and I'm afraid that it was slightly lacking this week, but here goes:
Thurs - stuffed tortellini (not home made this time I'm afraid) with tomato sauce. I'm going to bulk out the sauce with plenty of mushrooms and courgettes and have a smaller portion of pasta for me.
Fri - burgers (bun-less for me) with Rachel Khoo's root vegetable fries and salad. I absolutely love these - parsnips, sweet potatoes and carrots, cut into thin strips, mixed with ground almonds and a little oil, plenty of salt and pepper and oven cooked. They feel as indulgent as chips but so much healthier.
Sat - Masterchef's beef stroganoff, with rice, carrots and courgettes
Sun - We've got a family lunch to which I'm taking a tarte tatin with cream and/or ice cream. Again, I'm using the Masterchef Kitchen Bible recipe. Not sure how much we'll feel like eating in the evening so it will be somewhere between beans on toast and a fry up depending on how hungry we are. Sunday night comfort food!
Mon - Thai chicken and coriander coconut rice with steamed spring greens and sugar snap peas
Tues - Turkey stir fry (minus the noodles for me)
Wed - Chilli from the freezer (here's one I made earlier) with sweet potato jackets
So that's our week.
Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for some more ideas. Have a good one.
Thanks for your support during my A-Z Challenge Kate :) xx
ReplyDeleteYou're very welcome Vikki. I really enjoyed reading your posts - well done you! Hope its given you some motivation and confidence in your writing. As you can see even by my lack of postings on here recently, I need to get my backside in gear and get on with some writing!! xx
Delete