Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Meal planning Monday (on Tuesday 18th Feb)

Meal planning is something I do every week without fail. It's partly borne out of my organised nature, it takes away having to be creative on a night I'm tired as I already know what we're having, and as I'm not able to browse the supermarket shelves for ideas, I find online shopping much quicker and easier with a carefully planned list.  Some weeks I enjoy scouring recipe books for ideas, others it's a particularly nasty form of torture!  I came across Mrs M's blog via The Kitchen Adventure a few weeks ago, and have been picking up ideas ever since, but thought I'd be brave this week and join in.

I know it's not Monday but.... I tend to shop on a Wednesday for a Thursday delivery, and I'm not THAT organised that I have the week planned by Monday, so forgive my tardiness!

As we have just come back from Italy, most of this week's inspiration has come from Gino D'Acampo's Italian Adventure. I only discovered him in the autumn, but all the recipes I've tried so far have been great, I hope these ones are too!

Thurs - Orechiette with pancetta and peas, salad leaves
Fri - Gino's Italian sausages with braised lentils, spinach and green beans
Sat - Out with friends
Sun - Gino's Parpadelle with meatballs and green salad (hopefully with homemade pasta!!)
Mon - Fishcakes with steamed green vegetables
Tues - Pork steaks with Gino's roasted vegetables and olive bread
Wed - Beef and mangetout stir fry with steamed rice

I haven't quite decided what our weekend treat will be yet, maybe a Tuscan style sponge cake, or some homemade biscotti, I'll let you know!

Meal Planning Monday

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo, i LOVE Italy, and Italian food...why not extend the holiday ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing! Anything to stave off the post holiday blues! xx

      Delete