Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Meal planning Monday (Tues 25th Feb)

This week's meal inspirations have come from Tony Turnbull's The Only Recipes You'll Ever Need.  I came across this book through Tony's column 'Four Ways With' in the Times on Saturdays which I love.  This is a great book to dip into for ideas, particularly for midweek meals. 

Thursday - Honey and mustard chicken, sweet potato wedges, warm green bean and tomato salad
Friday - The Hairy Dieters' Doner Kebabs
Saturday - We're having friends to stay and have promised them some Italian food - hopefully some homemade pasta!
Sunday - Cottage pie, peas and green beans
Monday - Pork steaks with feta, beetroot, and couscous salad
Tuesday - Minestrone soup and bread, followed by blueberry pancakes for Shrove Tuesday
Wednesday - Tandoori salmon with rice and mango chutney

I've never made soup before so this will be a first for me, and makes an ideal lighter dinner so we have room to squeeze in plenty of pancakes!

Last night we watched Jamie & Jimmy's Friday Night Feast from a few weeks ago.  I was nearly dribbling over Jimmy's homemade kebab so dug out this recipe from the Hairy Dieters' great second book.  I can't wait to try this with pitta bread, salad and plenty of hot chilli sauce!

I didn't manage to make the traditional Tuscan sponge cake last week, so am hoping to give it a go this week.

Don't forget to have a look at Mrs M's blog for some more ideas.  Have a good week.

Meal Planning Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment